Label Considerations Before ordering
- What is the application? How is the label being used?
What will the label be subjected to?
- Is it going to be put on a box, in a warehouse?
- Is the label going to be marking a part in a manufacturing process?
What are the adhesive' requirements?
- What is the serviceable life of the label? How long does the label need to last once applied.
- Is it for indoor or outdoor use? Will the label be exposed to rain, temperature variations.
- Will it be exposed to direct UV light?
- Will it be subject to any solvents?
How is the label applied?
- What specific surface (substrate) will the label be applied upon? Various surfaces
can affect the type of adhesive which can be used on the substrate.
Not all adhesives will provide the correct kind of grip depending on the surface.
- What is the temperature at the time of application? Ex: If flash frozen right after label. Will there be change in temperature?
- What is the serviceable temperature range?
How is the label
- Manual or auto applied? This can make a difference in the type of liner used.
What is the make / model of the printer?
Are you printing the label?
you printing direct thermal or thermal transfer? Each requires different
face stock. Direct thermal is a specialized face stock.
- If thermal transfer do you need thermal ribbons?
Is this an existing label or a new application?
- Make sure the diameter of the roll will fit in the printer.
- Some printers use 1 inch cores and other 3 inch. Verify before ordering.
Do you need to match a specific material, or is a compatible okay?
Are there any issues or areas for improvement with your current label?
- If existing can you provide us with a sample?
What is the quantity they need? (Monthly, Annual)
- Some issues than can be improved upon
are label strength or adhesive strength.
Call us at 1-800-434-9011 or Email us
Ganson Engineering, Inc., 2901 W. Clarendon , Phoenix, AZ 85017
Tel 800-434-9011, Fax 602-277-8785
Refer a new customer to us and after they place their
first order, we will reward you with a 5% discount on your next purchase!